Like Us on Facebook!
Download Donation Request Form
Welcome to Our Club Website!
Join us on May 9th for Cafe Roma-style spaghetti, BBQ sirloin, movies, games for the kids, roping lessons, and an awesome silent auction. Proceeds go towards scholarships for local high school and college students. This event is lots of fun for the whole family. Don't miss it!
Scroll down for more info and to buy your tickets. Bring your Paypal receipt to the door.
We know you don't like to miss out on any of our events, so here's some advance notice. Be sure to put these dates on your calendar!
- April 13 - It's always a fun time (not to mention great food) when we celebrate our local ag community at the Rural-Urban dinner. This takes the place of our lunch meeting that day.
- May 9 - Our Spaghetti-Western fundraiser will require all hands on deck. It's a lot of fun, with more great food and a family atmosphere, so plan on bringing the kids, grandkids, neighbors, and friends.
- May 29-June 2 - Our friends from the Rotary Club of Compostela, Mexico will be paying us a visit. They'll provide the program at the June 1 meeting and there will be other activities while they're here.
- June 13 - Mystery Trip. And that's all I'm saying about this one.
- Transportation from LAX to Guayabitos, near Puerto Vallarta
- Accommodations at the newly built Bungalos La Paz where we will be the only occupants
- Two days of fishing
- An optional third day of fishing or a trip to Compostela to see the projects our Club has participated in
- Food, including tasty home-cooked lunches for the boat and seafood dinners overlooking the ocean
- A fun awards banquet
- A trip to the La Cruz Craft Market where high-end artisan products are sold
- An opportunity for fun and fellowship with the local Rotarians
Applications are now available for a fully-paid fellowship. Who do you know?
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is a great opportunity for people with a passion for peace to take their education to the next level. Fellows study at one of six Rotary Peace Centers around the world and can either earn a professional development certificate in peace and conflict resolution or a master’s degree in international relations, public administration, sustainable development, peace studies, or a related field. The fellowship covers tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and internship or field study expenses.
Do you know anyone who might be a good candidate? If so, contact Matthew Cottle, Bev James, or Peggy Carlaw.
Congratulations to the Rotary members who helped collect for the Salvation Army this year. And much gratitude to the community members who donated. Together we raised $1,751.13 to help this worthy organization.
At the meeting last Monday, President Dave announced our community project for the 2014-15 Rotary Year.
Our next mixer will be Wednesday, December 3 from 5:30-7:30. Be sure to bring a spouse, significant other, or prospective member along with an appetizer and/or beverage.
- Tickets to the self-guided tour are $25 per person (one ticket grants access to all five homes)
- Tickets may be purchased online or are available at the San Luis Obispo, Atascadero, and Arroyo Grande Chambers of Commerce. If you purchase online, tickets will be mailed to you.
- Tickets may also be purchased at any one of the five homes only on the day of the home tour
- Refreshments will be served at The Ranch House at Biddle Ranch Vineyard courtesy of the Madonna Inn
Dr. Tom Davies and Dr. Bill Johnson (left) who staged the Queen Symphony at the PAC on May 17 and 18, present a check for $15,000 to the three Rotary Clubs in San Luis Obispo. This money will be forwarded to Rotary International for the Polio Plus Program where it will be matched two for one by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation for a total of $45,000, enough to immunize 45,000 children against poliovirus.
Finally, after several years of fundraising, grant-writing, planning, and coordinating, our first container of 550 wheelchairs have arrived in Chimoio, Mozambique, ready for assembly and distribution. The chairs are designed to be used in the rugged terrain of developing countries and are built with materials available locally so that they can be maintained.
- Under the leadership of President Jim Salio, the Rotary Club of San Luis Obispo was named Rotary Club of the Year by District 5240.
- Our own member and Past President, Rotarian Deb Linden, was named District 5240 Rotarian of the Year
- We were able to provide $600 to our local Rotaract Club with thanks to the Rotaracters who helped with our Spaghetti-Western fundraiser.
- To continue to serve the local and international community with passion, heart, and love.
- To further the work of Rotary by having every club member make a donation to the Rotary International Foundation, at whatever level they're capable of.
- To build a more diverse membership.
- To have fun and build camaraderie.
- Saturday, June 21, 2014
- 10 AM Meet in the Madonna Inn front parking lot for 10:15 AM departure
- Mimosa Brunch
- Destination-it’s a mystery
- Return to Madonna Inn by 4:30 PM
The Deadline to sign up for the Mystery Tour is June 9. Contact Bob Gordon for more information and to sign up.